Thai Yellow Curry Risotto - Vegetarian Style
If you love risotto but find it too time consuming to cook, you should love my 15-minute recipe here. It's simple, cheap, quick to cook, and most important of all very delicious. You just need to enjoy cutting a bit.
- Some grinded garlic
- One onion
- Two medium size chicken leg mushroom
- One or two eggplants, depend on size
- 100 gm Thai yellow curry paste
- 250 ml coconut milk, thick or thin (I personally use thick milk as I can adjust consistency by adding water.)
- Two bowls of plain rice
Thai Yellow Curry Risotto - Vegetarian StyleI don't know the proper name of this kind of mushroom. We call it 雞肶菇 (chicken leg mushroom) in Cantonese. I like its chewy kind of feeling. Eggplant is a good companion of curry. All the ingredients are cheap and easily available.
- Cook two bowls of plain rice.
- Cut the onion, mushrooms and eggplants into small cubes.
- Add some olive oil to a hot pan and brown the garlic and onion.
- Add curry paste and stir until aromatic.
- Add the diced mushrooms and eggplants and keep stiring.
- Add coconut milk, keep stiring until boil. Add water to adjust consistency as you wish.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now your rice should be about cooked.
- Add rice to the curry mixture and stir well for two minutes.
- Dish up.
Serve for two. Cooking time 15 minutes
When I watch Jamie Oliver's 15-minute Meal, I notice one thing - he seldom or never wash anything. He only counts the cooking time. In that sense, mine is also a 15-minute meal. However if we count preparation time such as wasing, cutting, getting pans ready, it's fair to add 15 minutes. Well, cook a meal in 30 minutes is not bad at all! Isn't it?
I encourage home cooking, as it is far more healthy and economic than eating out. Lack of cooking idea? Check out the cook books I recommend in this blog.
Hong Kong Food Blog - Anna's 15-minute Meal