Thursday, March 27, 2008

Classic Shanghainese Banquet

Dinner date: March 26, 2008
Occasion: My house-warming dinner

Number of People: 15
Cost: HK$3,500 (US$449), inclusive of 10% service charge

Restaurant name: Hong Kong Lao Shanghai Restaurant
Restaurant address: Basement, Novotel Century Hotel, 238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Restaurant telephone: 852- 2827-9339
Anna's comment: My new house is not big enough to entertain all my family members, so after a brief visit to my house, we walk over to a nearby hotel and have an authentic Shanghainese banquet. I booked a private room with minimum expenses of HK$3,000. Very efficient and friendly service.


I receive a wealth-attracting cat as a gift
我的入伙禮物 - 招財貓
My family members come celebrate my moving into a new house
我的全家福
FourDishes of Starters
Cucumber with Sea Jelly Noodle 翡翠, 蜇頭
Preserved Fish & Pork 熏魚, 肴肉
Preserved Vegetarian Roll & Beancurd 素鵝, 烤麸
Chicken Preserved with Hua Diao Wine 花雕醉鷄
Deep Fried Dual, with Salt & Chilli - Pork Chop & Beancurd
椒監炸雙拼 - 排骨, 豆付
My Most Favourite Dish of Tonight

Sauteed Shrimps (from river) 清炒河蝦仁
Stewed Pork Knuckles 冰糖煨元蹄 Buns served with Pork Knuckles
Deep Fried Duck 香酥鴨
Ham and Vegetables 金腿鴛鴦蔬
Sweet & Sour Fish 松鼠桂魚
Wanton Soup with Chicken & Ham 火朣雲吞鷄
My Second Most Favourite Dish of Tonight
Xiao Lung Bao, vegetarian filling 葷素小笼包
Xiao Lung Bao - meat filling
Deep Fried Green Onion Pancake 蔥油餅
Shanghainese waiter serving us sweet dumpling dessert with cassia flower
桂花釀雙丸
Hong Kong Chinese Food - Shanghainese Banquet

No comments: