Sunday, December 8, 2013

Outback Wanchai

Outback claims to offer generous portions at moderate price, I find them quite expensive. Even for set lunch, there are three categories - $86, $96 and $106 plus 10% service charge, quite above par. I like to go there because of its Australian-themed decor provides fun and a taste of Australia.

Each of the set lunch come with bread, salad, soup, coffee or tea.  We went to their Wanchai shop soon after 1pm on Saturday, the restaurant wasn't full at all, however service was very slow.

Chicken Breast Pasta - HK$86

My friend said her pasta was very delicious

Spicy Fried Rice with Prawn and Sausages - HK$96

I was a bit less lucky.  My fried rice was somehow very moist and only slightly warm. Well, may be western fried rice is different from Chinese.  Our fried rice is generally very dry and hot.  The yellow slices I think could be deep fried pumpkin or carrot, it was so hard that needed extra care to eat.  Overall taste was not bad although I would prefer fried rice to be served hot.

Coffee was also only slightly warm, even cooler than room temperature.  

Oh well, service was really slow.  The waiter came 5 minutes after we asked for the bill, placed the bill on our table and walked away.  We had to wait for another 5 minutes to look for another waiter to follow up on the credit card payment.  The restaurant was not busy at all, I didn't see why the service was so slow.

Outback
1/F, De Fenwick, 8-12 Fenwick Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: 3101-0418

Hong Kong Food Blog


No comments: