Friday, December 28, 2012

Outback Wanchai – Aussie Set Lunch

Outback Steak House - Aussie Set Lunch

At the red light district in Wanchai, there are lots of pubs and bars.  Although these shops are situated among normal residents’ homes, I have never heard of any conflicts.  In fact I live in this area. These pubs and bars provide quality set lunch at very reasonable prices.  Outback is one of the restaurants that I like most in this area.   

I wanted to go to Australia this Christmas however without success.  I have therefore decided to go for an Aussie meal.  Set lunch is far more economic than a la carte, however food is as equally good as dinner.  I haven’t come here for long after my changing of eating habit (eat dinner only).  Today I have a half day off, so I decided to do something different – eat lunch instead.  Here’s a summary.
 
Aussie Set Lunch
All set lunches at Outback Wanchai are served with bread, soup, salad and a glass of soft drink.  There are 9 set lunch options from $68 to $98, depending on the main course. 

 
Well, this black color wheat bun is their signature dish. Hot, soft and aroma together with house cream, I’m sure it won’t let anyone down. Salad is quite average but the veggies are fresh and it offers a good balance of diet. 

The porcini soup tastes very well, however extremely thick.I’m not if Aussies really love heavy consistency.


I used to come here for their hamburger which is really big and super delicious.  But today I have grilled fish of the day, served with risotto and vegetables.  The salmon is very crispy outside and juicy inside.  Unfortunately the skin is a bit over done.  For health reason, I’ve decided to omit the black skin.


After all the big meal made me completely full and satisfy.  I must say it is a very good value of money.  Western foods in Hong Kong are very often being cooked to compromise local taste.  I’m not sure if Outback is 100% authentic Aussie,  but I’m happy with them.

 
There is a bar area at the centre of the restaurant


You can find signs of Australia everywhere in the restaurant.
 
Grill Fish Set Lunch
HK$98 (US$12.6) + 10% service charge
1/F, De Fenwick, 8-12 Fenwick Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
Tel: 3101-0418
Outback has 8 restaurants in Hong Kong

Neighborhood bars and pubs serve set lunches from HK$58 to HK$98, plus 10% service charge.  Most of them display their menus at the entrance.  Feel free to walk around and pick your favourite foods.
 
Hong Kong Food Blog - Aussie Set Lunch 

No comments: