Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Home Made Cold Noodle

Hong Kong is very hot in summer. I always want to eat cold cut but for safety reason, try not to eat outside. So I have decided to make it myself. But Cantonese don't have much cold dishes and they are quite difficult to do. I have therefore decided to go for Japanese. In fact, I always do this in summer.

My cold cut dinner is extremely easy and quick to do. Believe it or not, mine is even quicker than Nigella Lawson's. I only take five minutes to get this cold noodle done. There is only one little preparation work to do - get ready some cool and cold water. I'm sure most of you have these always available at home. NOTE: These cool and cold water must have been boiled. Do not use water direct from tap.

OK? Let's start.

My recipe is for one person. If you have more, just expand it.

1. Get some cool water and cold water ready.
2. Boil water and add soba. Let it simmer for three minutes.
3. Transfer soba to cool water, drain.
4. Transfer soba to cold water, drain.
5. Dish up and add cold soba soup.
6. Add a can of sardine (any flavour).

Home Made Japanese Soba with Sardines

This Japanese sardine has three flavours. I love the spicy one. Put it in the fridge for a few hours before serving.

As a balance of diet, I also had a few slices of pineapple as my dessert. Wow, very yummy and healthy.


The whole dinner took me five minutes to cook. My kitchen was completely free from smoke and oil, and it was extremely easy to do the cleaning work. What a lovely cold dinner.

Hong Kong Food Blog - Home Made Soba with Sardines

No comments: