Thursday, April 17, 2008

Simple Home Cooking - Pot Rice 煲仔飯

Dinner date: April 17, 2008

Nothing can be simpler than this - pot rice, salty fish with minced pork.

This is a classic Cantonese pot rice. When rice is semi cooked, place the minced pork with salty fish on top. After rice is cooked, covered for 10 minutes before dishing up. Add a few drops of soy sauce as you wish.

Meixiang 梅香咸魚 is the most ideal type of salty fish for this dish. You can buy salty fish and lean pork from the market. However I am a full time business lady, I have no time to do preparaton, so I buy the ready-made seasoned pack from supermarket. As my dinner lacks fibre, I therefore bought a bottle of watermelon juice to maintain a balance of diet.


Cantonese Pot Rice 咸魚肉餅飯
Cost: HK$15.5 (US$2)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Watermelon juice: HK$5 (US$0.65)
Hong Kong Chinese Food - Cantonese Pot Rice

No comments: