Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Caviar Lunch

I have recently spent quite a large amount of money medically and am quite depressed. I have therefore decided to spend my hard earned money to entertain myself rather than sending them the doctor's way.

Today I have treated myself a lovely caviar lunch in order to please myself. Here's the menu. My main course was Lobster with Risotto.


In fact Caviar House and Prunier has a retail shop at Pacific Place, but they have a small restaurant attached to it. They have only four 4-person tables, but I want the fifth one which is towards the entrance of the shop so I can see more products and people. The have also a coffee bar so you can simply go there and enjoy a cup of coffee. 

Seafood Chowder 海鮮周打蜆湯

For the entire lunch, presentation is perfect, service is friendly, I am fully satisfied. But for individual dishes, I still got some comments. 

As for the soup, there were different descriptions between English and Chinese. English says "Seafood Chowder" but Chinese says  "海鮮周打蜆湯". First, 50% of the soup was potato. I don't mind adding potato to chowder but not to that extent. Second, I could sense something from the sea but unable to tell what they were. Finally, the Chinese version says "", but I didn't think there were any.


Prunier Caviar (10 gr.) served with Parmesan cheese new potato
法國普尼耶魚子醬(10克)伴芝士新薯


Caviar is the super star because I came here for it. I liked it and I enjoyed it, especially in a very nice fine dining restaurant. Potato was also fresh, soft and well done, no complaint at all. But what about cheese? I didn't see or smell any? Something wrong with me or with the dish? Well, I don't know!

Garlic Gratinated fresh Boston Lobster served with Risotto in shell fish sauce
蒜蓉牛油火炙波士頓龍蝦(半隻)意大利飯

Now, here comes the main course - my very favourite lobster and risotto. Making risotto and lobster at home is very time consuming and requires good cooking skills, so I'd rather eat them at restaurants. The risotto is cooked with lobster sauce, very very very well done and delicious! And of course the main super star - the lobster is very fresh, delicious and nicely presented. It's simply perfect!!


The lunch set was wrapped up with coffee of my choice (Latte) and served with a piece of chocolate. 

Perfect lunch! It made me much happier after spending such a big amount of medical expenses. My motto: always spend money to please yourself rather than spending money medically!!

Cost: HK$590 (US$75.6)
15% Early Bird discount (place order before 3pm)
10% service charge
I went early, so my bill was HK$560 (US$71.8 after discount)


Caviar House and Prunier
Level 3, Pacific Place II
Hong Kong


Hong Kong Food Blog - Caviar Lunch

No comments: