Friday, April 6, 2012

Japanese Buffet

Holiday is a time for me to binge.  Today is the first day of Easter holiday, I kick start my crazy eating by a Japanese buffet lunch.  To be accurate, it's eat all you can at a fixed fee.  The restaurant I go serves lunch buffet on weekends and holidays only.  Here is a summary of my Japanese feast.

Sashimi - there are over 10 types of fishes for us to choose
Beef and Vegetable
The Ox Tongue is my top pick of the day, very delicious.  The teppanyaki beef sheet (top right) simply melt in my mouth, very well done.
 Grilled Mackerel
 Fried Rice and Noodle
 Tampura - prawns, egg plant and pumpkin
 Pan Fried Assorted Mushrooms
 Vegetables and Dumplings in soup
 Soba and Cucumber Salad
 Deep Fried Oyster and Cheese
 The beautiful cheese cake wrapped up our buffet.
Actually I'm not that keen to eat the Hong Kong style Japanese buffet, although it has the advantage of 'cook to order' and the foods are freshly prepared.  However there is one big disadvantage that I don't like.  The food that they brought us are not 100% ordered by us.  At the same time, some of the foods that we order never arrive.  When I eat buffet in Japan, I just go collect food from the table, food type and quantity are fully controlled by me.  In terms of size, the bowl of fried rice was so big. Of course we tried our best to not wasting food, but we were unable to eat a lot after that.   So we ended up ate something we didn't order and missed something that we really love to eat.

After all we are quite happy with the food as they are really yummy, especially the tepanyaki beef and ox tongue.

Kaneda
74-80 Johnston Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: 2866-1128

Luffet buffet available on Saturday, Sunday and holidays 12:00 - 2:30
HK$158 (US$20.2) (Adult)
HK$128 (US$16.4) (Senior and child)
+10% service charge

Hong Kong Food Blog - Japanese Buffet

No comments: