Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Authentic Mapo Tofu

There are many place in Hong Kong serving mapo tofu. But the most authentic one is from Tanyoto ( 譚魚頭 ). I don't mean to advertise for them, but their product tastes the same as that of Sichuan Restaurant's in Beijing. If you love spicy food, this is the place you must go. Mind you, they are going to paralyse your tongue.

麻婆豆付 Mapo Tofu HK$58 (US$7.4)
口水鷄 Spicy Chicken HK$38 (US$4.9)
Likewise, the spicy chicken here at Tanyoto is the most authentic.
Tanyoto has three branches in Hong Kong, two in Beijing and two in Shanghai. You can also find them in 20 other cities in China.

Hong Kong Chinese Food - Mapo Tofu



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been coming to Hong Kong on business for a dozen years and up until about 4-5 years ago used to get my Sichuan fix at Yin King Lau on Lockhart in Wan Chai. I'd literally fly 10,000 miles for their sizzling prawns. They since have closed and I've been working my way through the Sichuan restaurants in Soho, Causeway, and Kowloon, but nothing has been as good yet. I'll definitely try Tanyoto on my next trip. Anybody have any idea what happened to Yin King Lau and/or who's got the best sizzling prawns now (not Red Pepper, their chili sauce is too one dimensional).