Cantonese mutton hot pot is served on real fire. We really love this in winter days which keeps us warm. Apart from mutton, we have tofu sheets, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, mushrooms and plenty of gingers. And there is a special kind of preserved bean curd sauce. The whole combination is meant to make the mutton less smelly and more delicious.
As a matter of balance of diet, we must have a dish of vegetable. The beauty of Cantonese cuisine is simple yet delicious. And spinach is extremely healthy, not oily and rich in fiber.
Dinner date: November 15, 2011
Cost: HK$668 (US$85.6), included 10% service charge
Restaurant name: U Banquet
Restaurant address: 3/F, 288 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Restaurant telephone: 852-2811-9628
Hong Kong Food Blog - Luxury Dinner
- Advertise in mass media
- Everyday protests, demonstrations…in front of all shops selling shark fins
- Everyday protests, demonstrations in public areas such as streets, parks to educate the public not to eat shark fin
- Letter, fax, email, telephone or personal visits to restaurant owners to insist them to remove shark fin from their menu
- Write to the government to request shark fin eating to be illegal
- Hire fleet of ships to go out to the sea to stop any shark catching activities.